Обсуждение: Building Latest (8.1)

Building Latest (8.1)

От
Matt Miller
Дата:
I'm trying to test a feature I see in the 8.1devel documentation.  I
figured I'd checkout a cvs working copy.  Following the doc I:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot login

but that just hangs and eventually times out.  I looked at CVSup, but I
found no binaries for CVSup at ftp.postgresql.org, and building CVSup
seems to be a bit of a pain on Linux.  I pulled a tarball from the
"stable_snapshot" area of the ftp site, but that was just 8.0.3.

What am I doing wrong?

My main interest at this point is OUT parameters in PL/pgSQL.  I read
about this in the 8.1devel doc, so I thought I'd be able to test this
feature in the "latest" source, wherever that is.

8.1 Out parameter question

От
Tony Caduto
Дата:
Will it be possible to use the out params to return more than one row?

will the params act as a composite type so they can be used in a set
returning function?

Thanks,

Tony

Re: Building Latest (8.1)

От
Matt Miller
Дата:
On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 17:57 +0000, Matt Miller wrote:
> Following the doc I:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot login
>
> but that just hangs and eventually times out.
> What am I doing wrong?

I had a problem on my end.  CVS checkout is now working.

Re: Building Latest (8.1)

Дата:
Matt Miller <mattm@epx.com> writes:
> I'm trying to test a feature I see in the 8.1devel documentation.  I
> figured I'd checkout a cvs working copy.  Following the doc I:

> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot login

> but that just hangs and eventually times out.

We were having some connectivity problems with that server last night,
I think.  Does it work if you try now?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Building Latest (8.1)

От
Matt Miller
Дата:
> Matt Miller <mattm@epx.com> writes:
> > I'm trying to test a feature I see in the 8.1devel documentation.  I
> > figured I'd checkout a cvs working copy.  Following the doc I:
>
> > cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot login
>
> > but that just hangs and eventually times out.
>
> We were having some connectivity problems with that server last night,
> I think.  Does it work if you try now?

Yes, it works.  Thanks.

I also had some firewall issues on my side.

Re: 8.1 Out parameter question

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 02:39:59PM -0500, Tony Caduto wrote:
> Will it be possible to use the out params to return more than one row?
>
> will the params act as a composite type so they can be used in a set
> returning function?

See "RETURN NEXT" in the PL/pgSQL chapter of the development
documentation:

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-RETURNING

See also the example I posted and Alvaro's comments in the following
message from a few weeks ago:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-06/msg00389.php

--
Michael Fuhr