Обсуждение: How to compare the schemas ?

How to compare the schemas ?

От
Milorad Poluga
Дата:
Hi everyone,

I am looking for the best way to compare the schemas of two databases with the very similar structure.
One (certainly not the best options) is to do something like this:

pg_dump ... DB1  > PG_SCHEMA1
pg_dump ... DB2  > PG_SCHEMA2
diff  PG_SCHEMA1  PG_SCHEMA2  > differences.txt

kwrite differences.txt

Any suggestions or ideas on how to overcome this are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Milorad Poluga
HK CORES Beograd, Makenzijeva 31
milorad.poluga@cores.co.yu