Обсуждение: Howto repair template1

Howto repair template1

От
Jan Poslusny
Дата:
Hi,
my colleague unfortunately ran some database dump in template1 on our
production server, pg7.3.5. Can we drop template1, dump template0 and
rebuild template1 from this dump? Or does exist some better way how to
repair template1 without any affect of living database instances?

Thanks,

pajout

Re: Howto repair template1

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Jan Poslusny wrote:
> Hi,
> my colleague unfortunately ran some database dump in template1 on our
> production server, pg7.3.5. Can we drop template1, dump template0 and
> rebuild template1 from this dump? Or does exist some better way how to
> repair template1 without any affect of living database instances?

When you recreate template1, you can specify template0 as the template
to use (if you see what I mean)

createdb --template template0 template1

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Howto repair template1

Дата:
Jan Poslusny <pajout@gingerall.cz> writes:
> my colleague unfortunately ran some database dump in template1 on our
> production server, pg7.3.5. Can we drop template1, dump template0 and
> rebuild template1 from this dump? Or does exist some better way how to
> repair template1 without any affect of living database instances?

See
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/pgsqladventuresep1.php

            regards, tom lane