Обсуждение: Best approach setting up PostgreSQL

Best approach setting up PostgreSQL

От
Danny Gaethofs
Дата:
Dear all,

I am having multiple applications that use PostgreSQL
as their database server. These applications are not
related and contains different functionality.

In the past I have been creating a database in the
same database cluster.

Now I am wondering whether it would not be better to
have the databases run in their own cluster.

If you are in the same situation how have you handled
it?

I am running PostgreSQL on Windows XP (native).
Can I run multile database servers? Or is it only
possible to have one database server with different
database locations?

regards,
Danny

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Best approach setting up PostgreSQL

От
Changyu Dong
Дата:
Hi,
Actually, if you've multiple installations of
postgreSQLs in different locations, you can start them
simultaneously. And for different clients to connect
to different server instances, you should change the
default port setting.

Changyu