Обсуждение: user groups

user groups

От
Zlatko Matić
Дата:
When I create some user group and set permissions and then dump (backup) database and install on some other computer, what will happen with groups and permissions? Should they exist on other computers too ?
I don't understand whether permissions to groups are something  that is integrated in the database or it is just attached to database ?
Greetings,

Zlatko

Re: user groups

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Jun 14, 2005, at 6:17 PM, Zlatko Matić wrote:

> When I create some user group and set permissions and then dump
> (backup) database and install on some other computer, what will happen
> with groups and permissions? Should they exist on other computers too
> ?
> I don't understand whether permissions to groups are something  that
> is integrated in the database or it is just attached to database ?
> Greetings,

If you use pg_dumpall, then all the user and group information will be
included in the backup file. See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/app-pg-dumpall.html

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Re: user groups

От
Zlatko Matić
Дата:
Hi.

Thank you for information. How can I dump_all from pgAdmin III ?
Thanks.

               http://archives.postgresql.org