Обсуждение: New to Postgre

New to Postgre

От
Bob Pawley
Дата:
I successfully installed Postgre 8.0 and was able to develop tables, columns and insert data.. However, after an uninstall Postgre would not let me proceeded reinstalling it.

Even after manually removing any vestige of Postgre the install still sees an existing account and refuses to proceed with the install.

There must be debris, from the first install, left on one or more of the registers.

The first event is a rejection of the name of the host computer. When I change the name on the Postgre interface it seems to become acceptable. It goes through the procedure of assigning an account and password but this is rejected by a message "the account already exists". Further changing the account names in the interface does not work.

Can someone direct me to the register that needs cleaning??

Bob Pawley

psql newby question, help to port Sybase ASA StoredProcedure

От
Hugo
Дата:
Hi, can you give me hints to port this ASA stored procesure

ALTER procedure dba.sp_billetes(in p_importe numeric(15))
result(cien_mil numeric(3),cincuenta_mil numeric(3),diez_mil numeric(3),cinco_mil numeric(3),mil numeric(3),quinientos numeric(3),cien numeric(3),cincuenta numeric(3),diez numeric(3),cinco numeric(3),uno numeric(3))
begin
  declare v_divisor numeric(15);
  declare v_resto numeric(15);
  declare v_cociente numeric(15);
  declare v_monto numeric(15);
  declare v_100mil numeric(3);
  declare v_50mil numeric(3);
  declare v_10mil numeric(3);
  declare v_5mil numeric(3);
  declare v_1000 numeric(3);
  declare v_500 numeric(3);
  declare v_100 numeric(3);
  declare v_50 numeric(3);
  declare v_10 numeric(3);
  declare v_5 numeric(3);
  declare v_1 numeric(3);
  declare i integer;
  set v_monto=p_importe;
  set i=1;
  while i < 12 loop
    case i
    when 1 then
      set v_100mil=truncnum((v_monto/100000),0);
      set v_monto=mod(v_monto,100000)
    when 2 then
      set v_50mil=truncnum((v_monto/50000),0);
      set v_monto=mod(v_monto,50000)
    when 3 then
      set v_10mil=truncnum((v_monto/10000),0);
      set v_monto=mod(v_monto,10000)
    when 4 then
      set v_5mil=truncnum((v_monto/5000),0);
      set v_monto=mod(v_monto,5000)
    when 5 then
      set v_1000=truncnum((v_monto/1000),0);
      set v_monto=mod(v_monto,1000)
    when 6 then
      set v_500=truncnum((v_monto/500),0);
      set v_monto=mod(v_monto,500)
    when 7 then
      set v_100=truncnum((v_monto/100),0);
      set v_monto=mod(v_monto,100)
    when 8 then
      set v_50=truncnum((v_monto/50),0);
      set v_monto=mod(v_monto,50)
    when 9 then
      set v_10=truncnum((v_monto/10),0);
      set v_monto=mod(v_monto,10)
    when 10 then
      set v_5=truncnum((v_monto/5),0);
      set v_monto=mod(v_monto,5)
    when 11 then
      set v_1=truncnum((v_monto/1),0);
      set v_monto=mod(v_monto,1)
    end case
    ;
    set i=i+1
  end loop;
  select v_100mil,v_50mil,v_10mil,v_5mil,v_1000,v_500,v_100,v_50,v_10,v_5,v_1
end

thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Hugo

Re: New to Postgre

От
Howard Cole
Дата:
If this is a windows installation, I had a similar problem. My problems
was down to the user account created for the postgres service. You will
need to manually delete this user (Select User Accounts from the control
panel and remove the postgres account). This seems to be a minor problem
of the installer not removing the account.

Howard Cole
www.selestial.com