Обсуждение: monetary data

monetary data

От
John Browne
Дата:
I was just curious how you guys implement storage / calculation of
monetary data in postgresql.  The docs say to use the numeric data
type, but I'm curious what precision is typically defined for storing
monetary data in the numeric data type.

Thanks for any info...

Re: monetary data

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
John Browne wrote:
> I was just curious how you guys implement storage / calculation of
> monetary data in postgresql.  The docs say to use the numeric data
> type, but I'm curious what precision is typically defined for storing
> monetary data in the numeric data type.

We use numeric(10,2)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake