Обсуждение: IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

От
webmaster@postgresql.org
Дата:

------=_NextPart_000_0004_6C328523.4625085B

Dear Valued Member,
According to our site policy you will have to confirm your account by the following link or else your account will be
suspendedwithin 24 hours for security reasons.
http://www.postgresql.org/confirm.php?email=pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Thank you for your attention to this question. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Sincerely,Postgresql Security Department Assistant.

------=_NextPart_000_0004_6C328523.4625085B--

Re: IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

От
Matt Miller
Дата:
> you will have to confirm your account by the following link

Is this bogus?

Clicking on the link goes to 62.193.220.183 which is not postgresql.org

Re: IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Matt Miller wrote:

>> you will have to confirm your account by the following link
>
> Is this bogus?

Yes...

--
Devrim GUNDUZ
http://www.tdmsoft.com.tr                      http://www.gunduz.org

Re: IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Matt Miller wrote:
>>you will have to confirm your account by the following link
>

> Is this bogus?
>
> Clicking on the link goes to 62.193.220.183 which is not postgresql.org

Quite. It is a phising scam probably.

Re: IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

От
Arthur Hoogervorst
Дата:
Hi,

Phishing scam for sure. I thought it was hilarious in a way: "Why
would the host of postgresql.org send himself a bill?".

Kind of a silly paradox.

Regards,

Arthur

On 6/8/05, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Matt Miller wrote:
> >>you will have to confirm your account by the following link
> >

> > Is this bogus?
> >
> > Clicking on the link goes to 62.193.220.183 which is not postgresql.org
>
> Quite. It is a phising scam probably.

> >                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
>

> --
> Your PostgreSQL solutions company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.800.492.2240
> PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Programming, 24x7 support
> Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
> Co-Authors: plPHP, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

От
Geoffrey
Дата:
Matt Miller wrote:
>>you will have to confirm your account by the following link
>

> Is this bogus?

Yes, if you're look at the email as text rather then html, you'll see
it's a phishing attempt.  A very good reason to read your email in text.

> Clicking on the link goes to 62.193.220.183 which is not postgresql.org

Until later, Geoffrey