Обсуждение: Logging query plan for queries

Logging query plan for queries

От
Himanshu Baweja
Дата:
when i enable debug_print_plan and
debug_pretty_print...
query plans are written to log file for all
queries....(3 gb of logs in 3 mins) which is of course
diffcult to analyze and consume too much resources....

is it possible to log plans for only the queries whose
duration was more than a particular value or something
like that... (e.g. log_min_duration_statement)....

thx
Himanshu

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Logging query plan for queries

Дата:
Himanshu Baweja wrote:
> when i enable debug_print_plan and
> debug_pretty_print...
> query plans are written to log file for all
> queries....(3 gb of logs in 3 mins) which is of course
> diffcult to analyze and consume too much resources....
>
> is it possible to log plans for only the queries whose
> duration was more than a particular value or something
> like that... (e.g. log_min_duration_statement)....

Sure, see log_min_duration_statement.

Re: Logging query plan for queries

От
Himanshu Baweja
Дата:
--- Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> > is it possible to log plans for only the queries
> whose
> > duration was more than a particular value or
> something
> > like that... (e.g. log_min_duration_statement)....
>
> Sure, see log_min_duration_statement.

i think bruce u got my question wrong...
log_min_duration_statement will log only the queries
which are longer than a particular value... and if i
turn debug_print_plan.... it will log plans for all
the queries irrespective of the value of
log_min_duration_statement...
that is wht my testing says....

plz point out if i am wrong...
and also... is there any way of logging plans for only
a part of queries which satisfy a particular duration
criteria...

thx
Himanshu

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Logging query plan for queries

Дата:
Himanshu Baweja wrote:

> --- Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> > > is it possible to log plans for only the queries
> > whose
> > > duration was more than a particular value or
> > something
> > > like that... (e.g. log_min_duration_statement)....
> >
> > Sure, see log_min_duration_statement.
>
> i think bruce u got my question wrong...
> log_min_duration_statement will log only the queries
> which are longer than a particular value... and if i
> turn debug_print_plan.... it will log plans for all
> the queries irrespective of the value of
> log_min_duration_statement...
> that is wht my testing says....
>
> plz point out if i am wrong...
> and also... is there any way of logging plans for only
> a part of queries which satisfy a particular duration
> criteria...

Oh, log _plans_ for queries over a certain duration --- we don't have
any way to support that, sorry.  In fact, at plan time we don't even
know how long it will take for the query to run.