Обсуждение: PG Lightning Admin running on Linux via WINE 2005524

PG Lightning Admin running on Linux via WINE 2005524

От
Tony Caduto
Дата:
It runs almost perfectly and pretty fast on a AMD Athlon XP 1.8

http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/gallery/wineshots?page=1
(this is with the latest version of wine from 5/24/2005)

The only issue I saw was that the text in the data grids was coming back
the same color as the background, and I think this is
because the odd numbered row coloring is on by default.

NOTE: running the program on WINE is not officially supported.

Tony Caduto
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Home of PG Lightning Admin for Postgresql 8.x

Re: PG Lightning Admin running on Linux via WINE 2005524

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 07:44:56AM -0500, Tony Caduto wrote:
> It runs almost perfectly and pretty fast on a AMD Athlon XP 1.8
>
> http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/gallery/wineshots?page=1
> (this is with the latest version of wine from 5/24/2005)
>
> The only issue I saw was that the text in the data grids was coming back
> the same color as the background, and I think this is
> because the odd numbered row coloring is on by default.
>
> NOTE: running the program on WINE is not officially supported.

Huh, have you considered compiling it on Linux using libwine?  That may
give you better results.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"The only difference is that Saddam would kill you on private, where the

Re: PG Lightning Admin running on Linux via WINE 2005524

От
Russ Brown
Дата:
Just tried it here at work with crossover office 3.0.0 and it was far
too slow to be usable (plus I had issues with text boxes showing
through to the window below).

I'll give it a go at home this weekend with a more recent version of
Wine and see if that improves things (I do actually want to be able to
use this!)

On 6/3/05, Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> wrote:
> It runs almost perfectly and pretty fast on a AMD Athlon XP 1.8
>
> http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/gallery/wineshots?page=1
> (this is with the latest version of wine from 5/24/2005)
>
> The only issue I saw was that the text in the data grids was coming back
> the same color as the background, and I think this is
> because the odd numbered row coloring is on by default.
>
> NOTE: running the program on WINE is not officially supported.
>

> Tony Caduto
> http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
> Home of PG Lightning Admin for Postgresql 8.x

Russ

Re: PG Lightning Admin running on Linux via WINE 2005524

От
Tony Caduto
Дата:
Can't do that, it's a Delphi 7 application.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
Home of PG Lightning Admin for Postgresql 8.x
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com

Re: PG Lightning Admin running on Linux via WINE 2005524

От
Tony Caduto
Дата:
I used the wine from 5/24/2005 and it was certainly not slow, and I was only running on a Athlon XP 1.8 (1.5gzh) which
is
by no means top of the line hardware.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
Home of PG Lightning Admin for Postgresql 8.x
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com

Re: PG Lightning Admin running on Linux via WINE 2005524

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Tony Caduto wrote:
> Can't do that, it's a Delphi 7 application.

Have you heard of Kylix? You should be able to do an almost straight
native port to Linux.

SIncerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>> Huh, have you considered compiling it on Linux using libwine?  That may
>> give you better results.

Re: PG Lightning Admin running on Linux via WINE 2005524

От
Russ Brown
Дата:
On 6/3/05, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Tony Caduto wrote:
> > Can't do that, it's a Delphi 7 application.
>
> Have you heard of Kylix? You should be able to do an almost straight
> native port to Linux.

I didn't get chance to try it at home under Wine, but a pative port
using Kylix sounds like a fantastic idea.

--

Russ