Обсуждение: writing a file using procedure

writing a file using procedure

От
Nageshwar Rao

Can we write/read a file in postgresql procedure ?

Re: writing a file using procedure

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2005 11:36 schrieb Nageshwar Rao:
> Can we write/read a file in postgresql procedure ?

That depends on the language you use.  PL/PerlU and PL/sh can do it, for
example, whereas plain PL/Perl or PL/pgSQL cannot.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: writing a file using procedure

От
Tino Wildenhain
Дата:
Am Donnerstag, den 02.06.2005, 15:06 +0530 schrieb Nageshwar Rao:
> Can we write/read a file in postgresql procedure ?

Yes.
--
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>

Re: writing a file using procedure

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Nageshwar Rao wrote:
> Can we write/read a file in postgresql procedure ?

Using one of the "untrusted" languages, yes. They can only be used by an
administrator but have access to the full capabilities of the underlying
procedural language.

Of course, you will read and write files as the user PostgreSQL runs as,
which opens up a whole world of possibilities regarding security
breaches and database destruction.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: writing a file using procedure

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 11:00:56AM +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:
> Nageshwar Rao wrote:
> >Can we write/read a file in postgresql procedure ?
>
> Using one of the "untrusted" languages, yes. They can only be used by an
> administrator but have access to the full capabilities of the underlying
> procedural language.

To qualify the above: only database superusers can create functions
written in an untrusted language, but any user can call such functions.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/