Обсуждение: database export in pgsql

database export in pgsql

От
Vikas
Дата:
Hi,

Im having problems in exporting my local pgdb to my server with data.
I do a backup and everytime i get stuck in functions or some $libdir or
function pg_logdir_ls() etc.
I ignore those function definations but then it crashes on some create
table statement.
I believe there is a easy way to generate the database script which does
not include so many types of objects
since my db does not use functions only generic tables and views.

Please help,
Thanks and Regards,
Vikas

Re: database export in pgsql

От
Richard Huxton
Vikas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im having problems in exporting my local pgdb to my server with data.
> I do a backup and everytime i get stuck in functions or some $libdir or
> function pg_logdir_ls() etc.

pg_dump shouldn't ever "get stuck" at any point.

> I ignore those function definations but then it crashes on some create
> table statement.

Neither pg_dump nor pg_restore should crash.

> I believe there is a easy way to generate the database script which does
> not include so many types of objects
> since my db does not use functions only generic tables and views.

If you don't have any functions, there shouldn't be any functions in the
dump.

What exact commands are you running?
What is the precise error message you receive?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: database export in pgsql

От
Vikas
Дата:
Richard Huxton wrote:

> Vikas wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Im having problems in exporting my local pgdb to my server with data.
>> I do a backup and everytime i get stuck in functions or some $libdir
>> or function pg_logdir_ls() etc.
>

> pg_dump shouldn't ever "get stuck" at any point.

It was not the pg_dump which got stuck. it was the importing the
generated SQL where I got stuck.
How do I prevent functions of other system type objects from being
dumped in the SQL?

Re: database export in pgsql

От
"Dinesh Pandey"

What is the command you have used while dumping the objects?

Thanks

Dinesh Pandey

>> Im having problems in exporting my local pgdb to my server with data.

>> I do a backup and everytime i get stuck in functions or some $libdir

>> or function pg_logdir_ls() etc.

> pg_dump shouldn't ever "get stuck" at any point.

It was not the pg_dump which got stuck. it was the importing the

generated SQL where I got stuck.

How do I prevent functions of other system type objects from being

dumped in the SQL?

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: database export in pgsql

От
Vikas
Дата:
Im doing through the GUI...

pg_dump.exe -i -h 192.168.1.31 -p 5432 -U postgres -F p -v -f
"c:\del.sql" -n public "DBNAME"

Dinesh Pandey wrote:

> What is the command you have used while dumping the objects?
>

> Thanks
>
> Dinesh Pandey

Дата:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/app-pgdump.html