Обсуждение: Postgresql 8.0.2 and Tiger?

Postgresql 8.0.2 and Tiger?

От
Jerry LeVan
Дата:
Mac OSX 10.4 aka Tiger is going to be released in a couple of weeks,
does
anyone know if Tiger will still be Postgresql friendly?

Jerry

Re: Postgresql 8.0.2 and Tiger?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Jerry LeVan wrote:
> Mac OSX 10.4 aka Tiger is going to be released in a couple of weeks, does
> anyone know if Tiger will still be Postgresql friendly?

There is no reason to think that it wouldn't be.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Jerry

Your PostgreSQL solutions provider, Command Prompt, Inc.
24x7 support - 1.800.492.2240, programming, and consulting
Home of PostgreSQL Replicator, plPHP, plPerlNG and pgPHPToolkit
http://www.commandprompt.com / http://www.postgresql.org

Re: Postgresql 8.0.2 and Tiger?

От
Steve Atkins
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 01:21:41PM -0400, Jerry LeVan wrote:
> Mac OSX 10.4 aka Tiger is going to be released in a couple of weeks,
> does
> anyone know if Tiger will still be Postgresql friendly?

8.0.2 doesn't build out of the box on build 8A351B. I've not had a chance
to see what's going on yet, but it doesn't look like anything too hard
to fix.

Cheers,
  Steve

Re: Postgresql 8.0.2 and Tiger?

От
Vivek Khera
Дата:
On Apr 13, 2005, at 1:52 PM, Steve Atkins wrote:

> 8.0.2 doesn't build out of the box on build 8A351B. I've not had a
> chance
> to see what's going on yet, but it doesn't look like anything too hard
> to fix.

My guess would be any issues on building would be related to gcc4 in
tiger, and any changes needed for that will be applicable to gcc4 on
any other platform too.  But that's just a SWAG.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806

Вложения

Re: Postgresql 8.0.2 and Tiger?

От
Scott Ribe
Дата:
> Mac OSX 10.4 aka Tiger is going to be released in a couple of weeks,
> does
> anyone know if Tiger will still be Postgresql friendly?

Well, considering that PostgreSQL is now used by Apple Remote Desktop, for
storing client-management kinds of info, I expect there will be some way to
get it working ;-)

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@killerbytes.com

Re: Postgresql 8.0.2 and Tiger?

От
Benjamin Reed
Дата:
On 4/13/05, Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:

> My guess would be any issues on building would be related to gcc4 in
> tiger, and any changes needed for that will be applicable to gcc4 on
> any other platform too.  But that's just a SWAG.

I confirmed that my postgresql 8.0.2 and 7.4.7 packages build in fink
in the latest revision seeded to developers...  It's only a few builds
away from what is said to be final, so I'm betting it's just fine.

Re: Postgresql 8.0.2 and Tiger?

Дата:
Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org> writes:
> My guess would be any issues on building would be related to gcc4 in
> tiger, and any changes needed for that will be applicable to gcc4 on
> any other platform too.  But that's just a SWAG.

Not a bad guess --- but I know that 8.0.* builds in Red Hat devel tip,
which is gcc4 (and that covers multiple platforms including ppc).
So if there's an issue on Tiger then it's more specific than gcc4.

I'm sure we can fix it whenever we see a good report on the problem.

            regards, tom lane