Обсуждение: bytea vs large object in version 8

bytea vs large object in version 8

От
"John Liu"
Дата:
If speed (add/get) is the only concern, image files could be big (~10M),
and database only serves as storage. In the postgresql 8, which type
(bytea vs large object) is the preferred one? Is it true, in general,
that bytea inserts is slower?

Thanks.
johnl

Re: bytea vs large object in version 8

От
Weiping
Дата:
I think bytea is a little bit slower then large object.

Regards

Laser