Обсуждение: migration

migration

От
"Boris Makovecki"
Дата:
I'm having trouble migrating DB from postgreSQL 7.4 to 7.4.7:
During restore I'm geting all kind of errors like :
ERROR:  column "txt_name" has a type conflict
DETAIL:  character varying versus pg_catalog.varchar
(txt_name is inherited field)
ERROR:  relation "doc_inventory" does not exist
ERROR:  column "f_has_doc" is of type boolean but expression is of type integer
HINT:  You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.
ERROR:  column "dat_pay_term_in" is of type timestamp without time zone but expression is of type integer
HINT:  You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.
I've also tryed to move DB from 7.4 (linux) to 7.4 (cygwin) but same errors acured.
Is there some bug in 7.4 or pg_dumpall i should know about ?
Any idea?
Boris

Re: migration

Дата:
"Boris Makovecki" <boris.makovecki@abak.net> writes:
> I'm having trouble migrating DB from postgreSQL 7.4 to 7.4.7:
> During restore I'm geting all kind of errors like :
> ERROR:  column "txt_name" has a type conflict
> DETAIL:  character varying versus pg_catalog.varchar

That's pretty bizarre.  Can we see the pg_dump output (pg_dump -s
without the data would be plenty)?

BTW, there is no reason to do a dump/restore to migrate to a newer
version in the same release series (7.4.*).  Just stop the old
postmaster and start the new one.

            regards, tom lane