Обсуждение: Postgresql 8.0 [Windows]

Postgresql 8.0 [Windows]

От
Hrishikesh Deshmukh
Дата:
Hi All,

I am a newbie to postgresql, i download the windows version and
installed it successfully.
I have a posgres dump file from a linux box, i want to read in this
file on my windows box. How does one do it.

Thanks in advance.

Hrishi

Re: Postgresql 8.0 [Windows]

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Feb 21, 2005, at 3:02 PM, Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:

> I am a newbie to postgresql, i download the windows version and
> installed it successfully.
> I have a posgres dump file from a linux box, i want to read in this
> file on my windows box. How does one do it.

The exact method depends on the format of the dump file. See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/app-pgdump.html

Look at the end in the Examples section. It shows how to use psql and
pg_restore to load the dump file.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL