Обсуждение: parameters handling in postgresql functions

parameters handling in postgresql functions

От
Sibtay Abbas
Дата:
hi all
How are function parameters generally passed in postgresql.

More specifically when we pass a variable to a plpgsql function is
passed by value or by reference

Thank You

Re: parameters handling in postgresql functions

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Sibtay Abbas wrote:
> hi all
> How are function parameters generally passed in postgresql.
>
> More specifically when we pass a variable to a plpgsql function is
> passed by value or by reference

By value. Always (as far as I know).

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: parameters handling in postgresql functions

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Feb 9, 2005, at 11:10 AM, Sibtay Abbas wrote:

> hi all
> How are function parameters generally passed in postgresql.
>
> More specifically when we pass a variable to a plpgsql function is
> passed by value or by reference

By value. I don't believe there is any way to modify parameters if that
is what you are looking for.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL