Обсуждение: Hiding databases

Hiding databases

От
Martin Balint
Дата:
Hello,

is it somehow possible to hide databases from users?

Example:
I am user postgres1 and I created a database 'pg1db' with owner postgres1.

I log into phppgadmin as user postgres2, and I can see pg1db in the
list. But I don't want to, I want pg1db to be private for user
postgres1, so no one else is allowed to see it.
Is it possible?

Thanks, Martin

Re: Hiding databases

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 07:54:22PM +0100, Martin Balint wrote:

> is it somehow possible to hide databases from users?

You can of course hide the database contents, through the HBA mechanism
(pg_hba.conf).  You can't really hide the fact that the database exists.

"No single strategy is always right (Unless the boss says so)"
                                                  (Larry Wall)

Re: Hiding databases

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 07:54:22PM +0100, Martin Balint wrote:

> is it somehow possible to hide databases from users?

To what end?  Are you trying to keep users out of certain databases?
If so, then you can configure pg_hba.conf accordingly.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: Hiding databases

От
Martin Balint
Дата:
So they will see each others database name? I really don't want this....

>To what end?  Are you trying to keep users out of certain databases?
>If so, then you can configure pg_hba.conf accordingly.
Yes, I don't even want them to see the database name.