Обсуждение: Scanning the PGSQL DB

Scanning the PGSQL DB

От
"Anil"
Дата:
Hi,

I am using PSQL on RedHat Linux 6.2...version given below.
[PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC egcs-2.91.6]

I inserted a new DB with somewhere around 200 tables and each table
having some 100 entries. The table insertion went fine.
But I wanted to know whether the DB is perfect ...I mean my DB is not
corrupted. Are there any tools/commands to check whether my DB is not
corrupted?

Once I did a kill -9 <postgres pids> and my DB got corrupted. I am
looking
for some tools that will say the status of my DB.
Thanks in advance,
Anil.

Re: Scanning the PGSQL DB

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 05:54:24 -0800,
  Anil <anilby@gmail.com> wrote:

> I inserted a new DB with somewhere around 200 tables and each table
> having some 100 entries. The table insertion went fine.
> But I wanted to know whether the DB is perfect ...I mean my DB is not
> corrupted. Are there any tools/commands to check whether my DB is not
> corrupted?

No specific ones. You can always do normal selects and see if you get
the results you expected.

> Once I did a kill -9 <postgres pids> and my DB got corrupted. I am
> looking
> for some tools that will say the status of my DB.

That should not happen. Were you running with syncing disabled?

Re: Scanning the PGSQL DB

От
"Anil"
Дата:
Thanks for the reply.
I can do a select of some basic tables, but I was looking for some
scanner sort of thing.
I am not running with the disabled sync.