Обсуждение: BCD format

BCD format

От
stefari@tiscali.it
Дата:
Hi all !
I have to create a table with a BCD formatted field.
Can Postrgresql to support this field's type or I have to insert it in binary
mode???

Thanks and happy new year to all !!!

Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free: l'adsl piu' veloce e' gratis!
Naviga libero dai costi fissi con Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free, l'adsl Free
piu' veloce in Italia. In piu', se ti abboni entro il 7 gennaio 2005,
navighi gratis fino al 31 marzo. E il costo di adesione e' GRATIS.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/

Re: BCD format

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
stefari@tiscali.it wrote:

>Hi all !
>I have to create a table with a BCD formatted field.
>Can Postrgresql to support this field's type or I have to insert it in binary
>mode???

I do not believe PostgreSQL supports BCD by default. However
you could created your own type.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>Thanks and happy new year to all !!!

>Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free: l'adsl piu' veloce e' gratis!
>Naviga libero dai costi fissi con Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free, l'adsl Free
>piu' veloce in Italia. In piu', se ti abboni entro il 7 gennaio 2005,
>navighi gratis fino al 31 marzo. E il costo di adesione e' GRATIS.
>http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/

>TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Re: BCD format

От
"Dann Corbit"
Дата:
Consider using numeric type.
Like BCD, it will perform exact decimal arithmetic.

I have to create a table with a BCD formatted field.
Can Postrgresql to support this field's type or I have to insert it in
binary
mode???

Thanks and happy new year to all !!!

Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free: l'adsl piu' veloce e' gratis!
Naviga libero dai costi fissi con Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free, l'adsl Free
piu' veloce in Italia. In piu', se ti abboni entro il 7 gennaio 2005,
navighi gratis fino al 31 marzo. E il costo di adesione e' GRATIS.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/

Re: BCD format

От
Christopher Browne
Дата:
stefari@tiscali.it wrote:
> Hi all !
> I have to create a table with a BCD formatted field.
> Can Postrgresql to support this field's type or I have to insert it in binary
> mode???

Have you considered using a NUMERIC field instead?  That supports
exact fixed point arithmetic, much like BCD.

And I don't think that C compilers commonly support a BCD type, so if
you emulated it, you'd be left doing quite a lot of work to make a
type that wouldn't be terribly efficient.
--
output = reverse("gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/emacs.html