Обсуждение: subscribe missing?

subscribe missing?

От
"Jimmie H. Apsey"
Дата:
When I tried to subscribe I got:

Not Found

The requested URL /mj/mj_wwwusr was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at webmail.anachronic.net Port 80

Thank you,

Jim Apsey

Re: subscribe missing?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 10:46, Jimmie H. Apsey wrote:
> When I tried to subscribe I got:
>

> Not Found
> The requested URL /mj/mj_wwwusr was not found on this server.

> Apache/1.3.33 Server at webmail.anachronic.net Port 80
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jim Apsey

Me too, but I got subscribed anyway.  I'm guessing we had some kind of
crash last week with the mailing list servers...

Re: subscribe missing?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Jimmie H. Apsey wrote:

> When I tried to subscribe I got:
>

> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /mj/mj_wwwusr was not found on this server.

How/where did you subscribe from?  We made some changes this past weekend
to deal with some issues that were reported, so the URL should be
http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr now, where it used to be
http://webmail...

I've just fixed the links from the archives, which will become live within
the next 30-40 minutes or so ... so if that is where you were seeing it,
then that's done ...

Anywhere else, please let us know ...

----

Re: subscribe missing?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 11:31, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Jimmie H. Apsey wrote:
>
> > When I tried to subscribe I got:
> >

> > Not Found
> >
> > The requested URL /mj/mj_wwwusr was not found on this server.
>
> How/where did you subscribe from?  We made some changes this past weekend
> to deal with some issues that were reported, so the URL should be
> http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr now, where it used to be
> http://webmail...
>
> I've just fixed the links from the archives, which will become live within
> the next 30-40 minutes or so ... so if that is where you were seeing it,
> then that's done ...
>
> Anywhere else, please let us know ...

I subscribed via email sent to majordomo with the typical subscribe
pgsql-listname syntax.

Re: subscribe missing?

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
>> When I tried to subscribe I got:
>>

>> Not Found
>>
>> The requested URL /mj/mj_wwwusr was not found on this server.
>
>How/where did you subscribe from?  We made some changes this
>past weekend
>to deal with some issues that were reported, so the URL should be
>http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr now, where it used to be
>http://webmail...
>
>I've just fixed the links from the archives, which will become
>live within
>the next 30-40 minutes or so ... so if that is where you were
>seeing it,
>then that's done ...
>
>Anywhere else, please let us know ...

Not sure where he got that one from, but that URL is in all the
thousands of downloads og pginstaller, per your own instructions ;-)

can we get a redirect fromt he old server?

Also, is this change permanent so we should update the installer?
Perhaps we should put a "generic redirect page" that will always be
there and redirect to the proper location, if it's expected to change?

//Magnus

Re: subscribe missing?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> When I tried to subscribe I got:
>>>

>>> Not Found
>>>
>>> The requested URL /mj/mj_wwwusr was not found on this server.
>>
>> How/where did you subscribe from?  We made some changes this
>> past weekend
>> to deal with some issues that were reported, so the URL should be
>> http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr now, where it used to be
>> http://webmail...
>>
>> I've just fixed the links from the archives, which will become
>> live within
>> the next 30-40 minutes or so ... so if that is where you were
>> seeing it,
>> then that's done ...
>>
>> Anywhere else, please let us know ...
>
> Not sure where he got that one from, but that URL is in all the
> thousands of downloads og pginstaller, per your own instructions ;-)
>
> can we get a redirect fromt he old server?

difficult, as the config files are regenerated from a script ... *but* ...
I've set it up right now and will try to remember whenever I do run the
scirpt to fix it ...

> Also, is this change permanent so we should update the installer?
> Perhaps we should put a "generic redirect page" that will always be
> there and redirect to the proper location, if it's expected to change?

Yes, this is permanent ... I should have set it to mail originally, since
mail will always be where majordomo itself resides, where, like I just
changed, webmail doesn't even have to be on the same machin :(

----

Re: subscribe missing?

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:

>>> How/where did you subscribe from?  We made some changes this
>>> past weekend
>>> to deal with some issues that were reported, so the URL should be
>>> http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr now, where it used to be
>>> http://webmail...
>>>
>>> I've just fixed the links from the archives, which will become
>>> live within
>>> the next 30-40 minutes or so ... so if that is where you were
>>> seeing it,
>>> then that's done ...
>>>
>>> Anywhere else, please let us know ...
>>
>> Not sure where he got that one from, but that URL is in all the
>> thousands of downloads og pginstaller, per your own instructions ;-)
>>
>> can we get a redirect fromt he old server?
>
>difficult, as the config files are regenerated from a script
>... *but* ...
>I've set it up right now and will try to remember whenever I
>do run the
>scirpt to fix it ...
>
>> Also, is this change permanent so we should update the installer?
>> Perhaps we should put a "generic redirect page" that will always be
>> there and redirect to the proper location, if it's expected
>to change?
>
>Yes, this is permanent ... I should have set it to mail
>originally, since
>mail will always be where majordomo itself resides, where, like I just
>changed, webmail doesn't even have to be on the same machin :(

Ok. I've updated pginstaller to use mail.postgresql.org. Will be in the
next rc..

//Magnus