Обсуждение: List archives not being updated?

List archives not being updated?

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
to have been updated since Tue 30 Nov.  Is something amiss?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Joshua?  Everything looks fine on the main server itself ... and John
grab'd his update this morning around 3am, so rsyncd on our side is
working as well ... problems on your end?

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> to have been updated since Tue 30 Nov.  Is something amiss?
>
> --
> Michael Fuhr
> http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your

----

Re: List archives not being updated?

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> Joshua?  Everything looks fine on the main server itself ... and John
> grab'd his update this morning around 3am, so rsyncd on our side is
> working as well ... problems on your end?

It looks like the issue is that the toplevel web pages haven't had a
December-2004 link added.  Maybe the rsync is failing to capture copies
of those files?

            regards, tom lane

Re: List archives not being updated?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Joshua?  Everything looks fine on the main server itself ... and John
>> grab'd his update this morning around 3am, so rsyncd on our side is
>> working as well ... problems on your end?
>
> It looks like the issue is that the toplevel web pages haven't had a
> December-2004 link added.  Maybe the rsync is failing to capture copies
> of those files?

Nope, doesn't look like anything has been pulled across :(

The requested URL /pgsql-admin/2004-12/index.php was not found on this
server.

----

Re: List archives not being updated?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Joshua?

Taking a look now. Looks like we are having a minor DNS issue which is
causing the DNS lookup to srv5 to fail.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.

"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

>> Joshua?
>

> Taking a look now. Looks like we are having a minor DNS issue which is
> causing the DNS lookup to srv5 to fail.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

>  Everything looks fine on the main server itself ... and John
>
>> grab'd his update this morning around 3am, so rsyncd on our side is
>> working as well ... problems on your end?

As a temporary solution I put srv5 in the hosts file. So as long as
the ip doesn't change on Marc's end we should be good in about 30 minutes.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Michael Fuhr wrote:

>>> to have been updated since Tue 30 Nov.  Is something amiss?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Fuhr
>>> http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/
>>>
>>> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
>>> TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>>>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>>>

>> ----
>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
>> (http://www.hub.org)
>> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
>> 7615664

Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.

"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

Fix.

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.

"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> Joshua?
>
> Taking a look now. Looks like we are having a minor DNS issue which is
> causing the DNS lookup to srv5 to fail.

'k, let me know how it goes ... just checked UUnet's name server:

# nslookup svr5.postgresql.org ns.uunet.ca
Server:  ns.uunet.ca
Address:  142.77.1.1

Name:    svr5.postgresql.org
Address:  66.98.251.16

and it resolves fine :(

----

Re: List archives not being updated?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"

> 'k, let me know how it goes ... just checked UUnet's name server:
>
> # nslookup svr5.postgresql.org ns.uunet.ca
> Server:  ns.uunet.ca
> Address:  142.77.1.1
>
> Name:    svr5.postgresql.org
> Address:  66.98.251.16
>
> and it resolves fine :(

Yeah it is definately a local issue here.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Joshua D. Drake
>>

>> Everything looks fine on the main server itself ... and John
>>
>>> grab'd his update this morning around 3am, so rsyncd on our side is
>>> working as well ... problems on your end?

>>> ----
>>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
>>> (http://www.hub.org)
>>> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
>>> 7615664
>>

>> --
>> Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.
>> Postgresql support, programming shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
>> +1-503-667-4564 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
>> Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator. Integrated Replication for PostgreSQL
>>

> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.

"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>

>>> Joshua?
>>

>> Taking a look now. Looks like we are having a minor DNS issue which is
>> causing the DNS lookup to srv5 to fail.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Joshua D. Drake
>>

>>  Everything looks fine on the main server itself ... and John
>>
>>> grab'd his update this morning around 3am, so rsyncd on our side is
>>> working as well ... problems on your end?
>
> As a temporary solution I put srv5 in the hosts file. So as long as
> the ip doesn't change on Marc's end we should be good in about 30 minutes.

erk, still like to know why DNS is amiss though :(  But, that IP is
static, so isn't going to change any time soon ...

are you having issues with any of the other DNS?

----