Обсуждение: XUL and mozilla/firefox SQL extension

XUL and mozilla/firefox SQL extension

От
mstory@uchicago.edu

Considering using the firefox SQL extension combined with XUL to create a web
application to access a database in PostGreSQL, wondering if anyone has
attempted this, and how it turned out?

Matthew Story

Re: XUL and mozilla/firefox SQL extension

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
mstory@uchicago.edu wrote:

>Considering using the firefox SQL extension combined with XUL to create a web
>application to access a database in PostGreSQL, wondering if anyone has
>attempted this, and how it turned out?

Hello,

I have played with it. It was very cool but we haven't put it towards
an actual application yet.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>Matthew Story

>TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your

Re: XUL and mozilla/firefox SQL extension

От
Johan Wehtje
Дата:
I have had a look at this also - although development appears to have
stalled somewhat the idea looks pretty great.
postgresql > apache > xul/sql/mozilla seems like the makings of an ideal
n tier platform.
Hopefully Jan Varga has not moved on to greener pastures, as this was
apparently a thesis project.

Johan Wehtje