Обсуждение: Oid to text...

Oid to text...

От
"Katsaros Kwn/nos"
Дата:
Hi,

Given the Oid restype of a Resdom "object", is there any system table I
could query in order to retrieve the text representation of this type?

If for example a Resdom restype is 23 how can I get the string "integer"
or something like that? Are these mappings stored anyware?

Thanks in advance,
Ntinos Katsaros

PS: I searched the archives but my queries did not give anything...

Re: Oid to text...

От
Ian Barwick
Дата:
On 22 Nov 2004 14:25:26 +0200, Katsaros Kwn/nos <ntinos@aueb.gr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given the Oid restype of a Resdom "object", is there any system table I
> could query in order to retrieve the text representation of this type?
>
> If for example a Resdom restype is 23 how can I get the string "integer"
> or something like that? Are these mappings stored anyware?

pg_catalog.pg_type ?

Ian Barwick

Re: Oid to text...

Дата:
"Katsaros Kwn/nos" <ntinos@aueb.gr> writes:
> Given the Oid restype of a Resdom "object", is there any system table I
> could query in order to retrieve the text representation of this type?

If you're talking about C code inside the backend, format_type_be() is
the usual subroutine.

            regards, tom lane