Обсуждение: Nairobi time zone fails in 7.4

Nairobi time zone fails in 7.4

От
"Karl O. Pinc"
Дата:
Hi,

In 7.3 I was able to do:
ALTER DATABASE babase SET "TimeZone" TO 'Nairobi';
a nice Posix TZ value (FYI UTC+3 w. no daylight savings time).

In 7.4 this no longer works.  I see some UTC+3 time zones
in the 7.4 docs, but how am I to know that they correspond
to Kenyan time, especially with respect to daylight
savings and other goofyness?  What's the right thing to do?

Thanks.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                  -- Robert A. Heinlein

Re: Nairobi time zone fails in 7.4

Дата:
"Karl O. Pinc" <kop@meme.com> writes:
> In 7.3 I was able to do:
> ALTER DATABASE babase SET "TimeZone" TO 'Nairobi';
> a nice Posix TZ value (FYI UTC+3 w. no daylight savings time).

> In 7.4 this no longer works.

I don't believe it worked in 7.3 either, but before 7.4 we didn't really
detect whether the system timezone library recognized the name or not.

I think the usual spelling for this zone name is 'Africa/Nairobi'.
Certainly that's what PG 8.0 will take.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Nairobi time zone fails in 7.4

От
"Karl O. Pinc"
Дата:
On 2004.11.15 10:42 Tom Lane wrote:
> "Karl O. Pinc" <kop@meme.com> writes:
> > In 7.3 I was able to do:
> > ALTER DATABASE babase SET "TimeZone" TO 'Nairobi';
> > a nice Posix TZ value (FYI UTC+3 w. no daylight savings time).
>
> I think the usual spelling for this zone name is 'Africa/Nairobi'.
> Certainly that's what PG 8.0 will take.

Thanks!  That works in 7.4.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                  -- Robert A. Heinlein