Обсуждение: Transaction rollback - newbie

Transaction rollback - newbie

От
"A. Mous"
Дата:
Hi,

I've got clients connected to pgsql via ODBC.  If they lose their connection
abruptly, all un-committed transactions are automatically rolled-back (I'm
assuming) but is there anything left behind that needs to be cleaned up on
the server side with regards to the uncommitted transaction(s)?

Much thanks!

Re: Transaction rollback - newbie

От
Doug McNaught
Дата:
"A. Mous" <a.mous@shaw.ca> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've got clients connected to pgsql via ODBC.  If they lose their connection
> abruptly, all un-committed transactions are automatically rolled-back (I'm
> assuming) but is there anything left behind that needs to be cleaned up on
> the server side with regards to the uncommitted transaction(s)?

No.  When the connection goes away, the backend will log an error,
roll back the transaction and exit cleanly.

-Doug

Re: Transaction rollback - newbie

От
David Helgason
Дата:
Anytime data changes in Postgres, the old rows are still on the disk.
This is true regardless if the transaction rolls back.

Read in the docs about vacuuming, which is a process that cleans this
up.

Regards,

d.
--