Обсуждение: Functions in postgres

Functions in postgres

От
"Tk421"
Дата:
    I've made some functions, an i want these functions to be used by a specified user, but i don't want this user can see the code of the functions. Does somebody knows how can i do this?

    Sorry about my english, i'm spanish.

Víctor Robador Capel

Análisis de Sistemas y Programación

Re: Functions in postgres

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Dienstag, 9. November 2004 13:29 schrieb Tk421:
>     I've made some functions, an i want these functions to be used by a
> specified user, but i don't want this user can see the code of the
> functions. Does somebody knows how can i do this?

The only way to do that would be to write the function in C and compile it
into a shared library.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Functions in postgres

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 01:29:19PM +0100, Tk421 wrote:

> I've made some functions, an i want these functions to be used
> by a specified user, but i don't want this user can see the code
> of the functions.

Are you trying to hide the code itself, or are you just trying to
hide sensitive data embedded in the code?  If the latter, then you
might be able to move the data to a table and create the function
with SECURITY DEFINER.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: Functions in postgres

От
"Tk421"
Дата:
    I want to hide the code itself

www.creativosdolmen.com
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 01:29:19PM +0100, Tk421 wrote:
>
> > I've made some functions, an i want these functions to be used
> > by a specified user, but i don't want this user can see the code
> > of the functions.
>
> Are you trying to hide the code itself, or are you just trying to
> hide sensitive data embedded in the code?  If the latter, then you
> might be able to move the data to a table and create the function
> with SECURITY DEFINER.
>
> --
> Michael Fuhr
> http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: Functions in postgres

От
"Sim Zacks"
Дата:
It would seem that trying to hide code while using an open source system is just wrong. 8-)

That being said -- You would grant the user/group execute rights on the function, but no read rights on the system table that contains the function definition, pg_proc.
How is this user supposed to call the function? Does he have a cutomized application or does he have access to an SQL interface, such as Psql or PGAdmin?

Finally, I don't think you have to apologize for either bad English or for being Spanish, the native English speakers (and I only speak for myself here) appreciate the extra effort that non-English speaking people put in to allow the project to be fully internationalized. You should be proud of being Spanish, because even though there were a lot of bad points in Spanish history, Christopher Colombus did supposedly discover America, or something similar, and without that we wouldn't all be speaking English today.

sim