Обсуждение: dumping on 7.4.6 importing on 7.4.1

dumping on 7.4.6 importing on 7.4.1

От
stig erikson
Дата:
Hi.
Is it possible to dump a database on a 7.4.6 server and then restore it
on a 7.4.1 server?

should i use the 7.4.1 pg_dump or the 7.4.6 pg_dump?
should i use any switches?

thanks

Re: dumping on 7.4.6 importing on 7.4.1

Дата:
stig erikson <stigerikson_nospam_@yahoo.se> writes:
> Is it possible to dump a database on a 7.4.6 server and then restore it
> on a 7.4.1 server?

Should work, but why aren't you updating the 7.4.1 server?  There were
some pretty nasty bugs fixed between .1 and .6.

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
>>Is it possible to dump a database on a 7.4.6 server and then restore it
>>on a 7.4.1 server?
>

> Should work, but why aren't you updating the 7.4.1 server?  There were
> some pretty nasty bugs fixed between .1 and .6.

problem is i dont have full power over that machine.
i will try to talk to the admin.
it's redhat 8.0 with postgresql installed from rpms, maybe there are new
rpms somewhere?
i could not find any official builds for rh8, does the rh9 rpms work?

Re: dumping on 7.4.6 importing on 7.4.1

Дата:
stig erikson <stigerikson_nospam_@yahoo.se> writes:
> i could not find any official builds for rh8, does the rh9 rpms work?

Doubtful.  What I'd recommend is getting the source RPM and building your
own binary RPMs --- that's pretty much certain to work.  All you need
is
    rpmbuild --rebuild --define='build8 1' postgresql-nnn.src.rpm

            regards, tom lane