Обсуждение: Re: [ADMIN] VACUUM failing ??!!

Re: [ADMIN] VACUUM failing ??!!

От
"Salem Berhanu"
Дата:
Version 7.4
(I just re-indexed and I'm running vacuum again)

>From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>To: "Sally Sally" <dedeb17@hotmail.com>
>CC: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org, pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [ADMIN] VACUUM failing ??!! Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 11:04:00
>-0500
>
>"Sally Sally" <dedeb17@hotmail.com> writes:
> > After running for more than 24 hrs (I have a large db), vacuum failed
>with
> > ERROR:  failed to re-find parent key in "pg_type_typname_nsp_index"
>
>What PG version?
>
>            regards, tom lane

>TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: [ADMIN] VACUUM failing ??!!

Дата:
"Salem Berhanu" <salemb4@hotmail.com> writes:
> Version 7.4
> (I just re-indexed and I'm running vacuum again)

I wonder if this is a variant of the concurrent-page-split
problem Joe Conway found.  That's fixed in 7.4.5 and later.
Was this a plain vacuum, or vacuum full?

            regards, tom lane