Обсуждение: download documentation as HTML (not PDF)

download documentation as HTML (not PDF)

От
Miles Keaton
Дата:
I like to keep a local copy of this: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/

But the only way I see to download the whole thing is by PDF.

Anyone seen a downlodable tarball of all of the HTML files?  (or
should I just use wget recursive to spider-grab it?)

Re: download documentation as HTML (not PDF)

От
Greg Donald
Дата:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:12:43 -0700, Miles Keaton <mileskeaton@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone seen a downlodable tarball of all of the HTML files?  (or
> should I just use wget recursive to spider-grab it?)

That's what I ended up doing.

wget -np -m http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/

--
Greg Donald
http://gdconsultants.com/

Re: download documentation as HTML (not PDF)

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Miles Keaton wrote:
> I like to keep a local copy of this:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/
>
> But the only way I see to download the whole thing is by PDF.

The HTML documentation is included in the source code tarballs and is
installed in /usr/local/pgsql/doc or some analogous location.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: download documentation as HTML (not PDF)

От
Greg Donald
Дата:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:28:01 +0200, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> The HTML documentation is included in the source code tarballs and is
> installed in /usr/local/pgsql/doc or some analogous location.

Found it, thanks.

apt-get install postgresql-doc

--
Greg Donald
http://gdconsultants.com/

Re: download documentation as HTML (not PDF)

От
Miles Keaton
Дата:
> > The HTML documentation is included in the source code tarballs and is
> > installed in /usr/local/pgsql/doc or some analogous location.
>
> Found it, thanks.
> apt-get install postgresql-doc

FreeBSD ports, too!

cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql-docs ; make install

Thanks for the tip!  This is great.

Re: download documentation as HTML (not PDF)

Дата:
Miles Keaton <mileskeaton@gmail.com> writes:
> The HTML documentation is included in the source code tarballs and is
> installed in /usr/local/pgsql/doc or some analogous location.
>>
>> Found it, thanks.
>> apt-get install postgresql-doc

> FreeBSD ports, too!
> cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql-docs ; make install

BTW, in RPM-based distributions, the main postgresql RPM has the
HTML doc set; it's customarily installed in
/usr/share/doc/postgresql-VERSION/html/

            regards, tom lane