Обсуждение: Deadlock removal

Deadlock removal

От
"Albrecht Stephen (LWE)"
Дата:
Hi,
I have somehow managed to lock a row in one of my database tables, and I am now unable to unlock that row.

I have tried using the ROLLBACK command, but get a notice: NO TRANSACTION IN PROGRESS. However, when I try to update or
deletethe record, the query never executes, and I have to cancel it manually, at which point I get the error: QUERY
CANCELREQUESTED WHILE WAITING LOCK.

Anybody know how I can simply get rid of this lock?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Re: Deadlock removal

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Albrecht Stephen (LWE) wrote:
> Anybody know how I can simply get rid of this lock?

A lock can only be held by a running transaction.  Therefore, to release
the lock for sure, terminate all other running transactions.

--
Peter Eisentraut