Обсуждение: Building plpython on Mac OSX...

Building plpython on Mac OSX...

От
Jerry LeVan
Дата:
Have any configure experts looked at building plpython.so
on mac os x lately?

The standard configure key "--with-python" fails miserably
(libpython is not a shared lib error message).

I found help on the macosxguru site,

Basically one has to change the python_libspec
to (in Makefile.global)

python_libspec = -framework Python

and then comment out the tests for a shared library
in src/pl/plpython/Makefile

Has this been fixed in version 8?

Thanks

Jerry

Re: Building plpython on Mac OSX...

Дата:
Jerry LeVan <jerry.levan@eku.edu> writes:
> Have any configure experts looked at building plpython.so
> on mac os x lately?

CVS tip builds it properly, with this just-applied patch:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/pl/plpython/Makefile.diff?r1=1.13;r2=1.14

I am not sure if the makefile change is sufficient to make it work
in 7.4, but you could give it a try.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Building plpython on Mac OSX...

От
Jerry LeVan
Дата:
I was able to get it to build with the framework change and commenting
out the shared library test on 7.4.5.

The patch looks a bit cleaner...

Jerry