Обсуждение: How do I list the schema for a table or procedure?

How do I list the schema for a table or procedure?

От
googlemike@hotpop.com (Google Mike)
Дата:
How do I list the schema for a table or procedure? Is there a command
I can do in psql to list this, or do I have to join a series of tables
to see that?

Re: How do I list the schema for a table or procedure?

От
"W. Scott Gibson"
Дата:
Google Mike wrote:
> How do I list the schema for a table or procedure? Is there a command
> I can do in psql to list this, or do I have to join a series of tables
> to see that?

You can do a "pg_dump -s <DBNAME>" to see the full schema of the
database.  To see just a table of the database issue the command
"pg_dump -st <TABLENAME> <DBNAME>".  These are run from the command line
and not within the psql shell.

Within psql you could use "\d <TABLENAME>" to describe a specific table.