Обсуждение: Help supressing NOTICE messages

Help supressing NOTICE messages

От
Alex Soto
Дата:
Hi All,

I'm developing some scripts to create my schema to be run by other
developers and I'd like to have them not spit out those NOTICE messages
when you create a table regarding the implicit indexes that are made
since it just makes it harder to see when there is a real error.

I've tried running psql with the quiet argument, I've set the QUIET
variable to true and the VERBOSITY level to terse but the NOTICE
messages still appear(while all other output is supressed).

I searched the archives and found one post from a developer where he
stated that this is a feature that's been asked for and would be
available in 7.3 and I have 7.4.5.

Other than that I haven't been able to find any documentation or mention of it.

Alex

Re: Help supressing NOTICE messages

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Help supressing NOTICE messages

От
Alex Soto
Дата:
Thanks,

Still no affect.  My particular case is for PRIMARY/FOREIGN KEYS.

If it matters, I'm running the statements within a plpgsql function.

Here is a sample statement
        SET client_min_messages TO error;

                CREATE TABLE users(
                    userId      INTEGER NOT NULL,
                    login       VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL,
                    password    VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
                    firstName   VARCHAR(64),
                    lastName    VARCHAR(64),
                    email       VARCHAR(64),
                    PRIMARY KEY (userId)
                );

And I still see this NOTICE message
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "users_pkey" for
table "users"

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:15:16 +0300 (EEST), Devrim GUNDUZ