Обсуждение: pl/pgsql exceptions

pl/pgsql exceptions

От
Shelby Cain
Дата:
Is there any way to retrieve the error code and error
message text when an exception has been caught via
"exception when others" in pl/pgsql?  I'm looking
essentially for the equivalent of Oracle's pl/sql
sqlerrm and sqlcode variables.

Regards,

Shelby Cain

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: pl/pgsql exceptions

Дата:
Shelby Cain <alyandon@yahoo.com> writes:
> Is there any way to retrieve the error code and error
> message text when an exception has been caught via
> "exception when others" in pl/pgsql?

Not yet.  I'm open to suggestions though ...

> I'm looking
> essentially for the equivalent of Oracle's pl/sql
> sqlerrm and sqlcode variables.

We can't just copy those, since we aren't using SQLCODE error
numbers.  I'm not sure how to map the error/detail/hint structure
into all this, either ... and does a plpgsql function want to see
localized message texts, or not?

            regards, tom lane