Обсуждение: location of postmaster.log on V8 Win 32

location of postmaster.log on V8 Win 32

От
"Anony Mous"
Дата:
Hi,

In my postgresql.conf file I've got

log_destination = 'stderr'

Should this option not create a postmaster.log file somewhere on my system
(it's nowhere to be found)?  Apologies in advance if I'm just being stupid.

Thanks
Peter

Re: location of postmaster.log on V8 Win 32

От
Doug McNaught
Дата:
"Anony Mous" <A.Mous@shaw.ca> writes:

> Hi,
>
> In my postgresql.conf file I've got
>
> log_destination = 'stderr'
>
> Should this option not create a postmaster.log file somewhere on my system
> (it's nowhere to be found)?  Apologies in advance if I'm just being stupid.

Depends on where the start script sends the stderr of the postmaster
process (or the -l option to 'pg_ctl start').  Some systems send it to
/dev/null by default.

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863

Re: location of postmaster.log on V8 Win 32

Дата:
Doug McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> writes:
> "Anony Mous" <A.Mous@shaw.ca> writes:
>> Should this option not create a postmaster.log file somewhere on my system
>> (it's nowhere to be found)?  Apologies in advance if I'm just being stupid.

> Depends on where the start script sends the stderr of the postmaster
> process (or the -l option to 'pg_ctl start').  Some systems send it to
> /dev/null by default.

But in 8.0, see also 'redirect_stderr' and the associated options.

            regards, tom lane