Обсуждение: materialized view

materialized view

От
"Esteban Kemp"
Дата:
 PostgreSql support materialized views ???

if not, there is something similar??

Thanks
Esteban kemp

Re: materialized view

От
Josué Maldonado
Дата:
Esteban,

El 01/09/2004 3:09 PM, Esteban Kemp en su mensaje escribio:

>  PostgreSql support materialized views ???

There is a good doc about this at:

http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/matviews.html

--
Sinceramente,
Josué Maldonado.

Readline

От
MaRCeLO PeReiRA
Дата:
Hi guys,

I installed PostgreSQL without readline
(--without-readline), but how can add the readline
support right now??

Am I supposed to reconfigure/make/make install to do
that????

Regards,

Marcelo Pereira
Brazil

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - navegue de graça com conexão de qualidade!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/

Re: materialized view

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 15:09, Esteban Kemp wrote:
>  PostgreSql support materialized views ???
>
> if not, there is something similar??

PostgreSQL supports triggers which let you implement it yourself.
Luckily for you and I, someone else has already done most of the work
and made a documentation set for it.

http://jonathangardner.net/PostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html

Re: materialized view

От
Jeremy Semeiks
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 05:09:06PM -0400, Esteban Kemp wrote:
>  PostgreSql support materialized views ???
>
> if not, there is something similar??

Hi Esteban,

Postgres doesn't support materialized views, although I think there was
some talk of implementing them a few months ago. Try searching
pgsql.ru about this.

There are several possible present alternatives, depending on your
situation. First off, if your query on a view is running too slowly,
look into optimizing the query itself to make it as fast as possible.
If it's still too slow, and if either your data are relatively static
or you don't need up-to-the-minute accuracy, the simplest solution is
probably to just turn the view into a static table via "create table t as
select * from v", then update that table periodically. This usually
works well enough for my needs.

If you need up-to-the-minute accuracy, you could turn the view itself
into a table, then create triggers or rules on the tables used by the
view to keep everything synched.

So the answer really depends on how the view is defined, what you
plan to use it for, and how often your database is updated.

- Jeremy

Re: materialized view

От
Daniel Schuchardt
Дата:
Esteban Kemp schrieb:

>  PostgreSql support materialized views ???
>
> if not, there is something similar??

This feature is not yet implemented.

take a look at

http://jonathangardner.net/PostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html

Daniel.

Re: Readline

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
MaRCeLO PeReiRA wrote:
> I installed PostgreSQL without readline
> (--without-readline), but how can add the readline
> support right now??
>
> Am I supposed to reconfigure/make/make install to do
> that????

Yes.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Readline

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 06:30:05PM -0300, MaRCeLO PeReiRA wrote:

> I installed PostgreSQL without readline (--without-readline), but how
> can add the readline support right now??
>
> Am I supposed to reconfigure/make/make install to do that????

Yes.  Maybe you can recompile only psql to save some time ...

"Amanece.                                               (Ignacio Reyes)
El Cerro San Cristóbal me mira, cínicamente, con ojos de virgen"