Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 2 Uploaded

PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 2 Uploaded

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Its been 3 weeks since we've released Beta1, and there have been alot of
fixes implemented.

For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 1 was released,
please see:

    ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta1-to-Beta2

That said, Beta 2 is currently available for download on all mirrors:

     http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

As with all releases, the success of this release falls in the your hands
... to go from Beta -> Release, we need as many people out there to put it
through her paces as possible, on as many platforms as possible.  We urge
anyone, and everyone, to download a copy and run her through her
regression tests, and report any/all problems, and bugs, to

     pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org

The more bugs we can find, and eliminate, during Beta, the more successful the
Release will be ...

Once more, on behalf of all of the developers, Happy Bug Hunting ...

Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 2 Uploaded

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 01:18:59PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Its been 3 weeks since we've released Beta1, and there have been alot of
> fixes implemented.
>
> For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 1 was released,
> please see:
>
>    ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta1-to-Beta2
>
> That said, Beta 2 is currently available for download on all mirrors:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html
>
> As with all releases, the success of this release falls in the your hands
> ... to go from Beta -> Release, we need as many people out there to put it
> through her paces as possible, on as many platforms as possible.  We urge
> anyone, and everyone, to download a copy and run her through her
> regression tests, and report any/all problems, and bugs, to
>
>     pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
>
> The more bugs we can find, and eliminate, during Beta, the more successful
> the Release will be ...
>
> Once more, on behalf of all of the developers, Happy Bug Hunting ...

Beta2 is also available via BitTorrent at <http://bt.postgresql.org/>.

BTW, any news on when binaries might be available for it?

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 2 Uploaded

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, David Fetter wrote:

> Beta2 is also available via BitTorrent at <http://bt.postgresql.org/>.

Sorry, meant to mention it to you in IRC last night when I saw you, but it
slip'd my mind :(

----