Обсуждение: SELECT to an external file

SELECT to an external file

От
Mário Gamito
Дата:
Hi,

How can i draw the results of a SELECT in to a file in the filesystem ?

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito

Re: SELECT to an external file

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: SELECT to an external file

От
Oliver Elphick
Дата:
On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 18:08, Mário Gamito wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can i draw the results of a SELECT in to a file in the filesystem ?

Using psql:

  1.  \o /path/to/file
      SELECT ... ;
      \o

  2. psql -d my_database -c "SELECT ... " >/path/to/file

     "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the
      Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to
      the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before
      him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and
      a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages,
      should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting
      dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom
      that which shall not be destroyed."
                                    Daniel 7:13,14

Re: SELECT to an external file

От
Mário Gamito
Дата:
Hi,

First of all, thank you for your answers.

Look at this file output:

                                               url_negado
  www.startux.org
  www.hotmail.com
  www.blabla.com
(3 rows)

Is there a way to postgres not print the 1st, 2nd and last line ?
I need a list just with URLs.

Thank you in advance.

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito

Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 18:08, Mário Gamito wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>How can i draw the results of a SELECT in to a file in the filesystem ?
>

> Using psql:
>
>   1.  \o /path/to/file
>       SELECT ... ;
>       \o
>
>   2. psql -d my_database -c "SELECT ... " >/path/to/file

Re: SELECT to an external file

От
Jeff Amiel
Дата:
psql -c "select * from table" dbname >filename.txt

Mário Gamito wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can i draw the results of a SELECT in to a file in the filesystem ?
>
> Warm Regards,
> Mário Gamito

Re: SELECT to an external file

От