Обсуждение: postgresql install: jdbc: No such file or directory.

postgresql install: jdbc: No such file or directory.

От
Eric Wright
Дата:
Good evening,

I am rather new to the linux world and I am diving in head first.
I am trying to set up postgres with perl, python, and java support as I
am going to be developing applications in each to access the database.

I have used the following config string (which runs with out error)

LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ ./configure --with-perl --with-java --with-python
--with-openssl

when I run gmake I get the following error.

    gmake: Entering an unknown directory
    gmake: *** jdbc: No such file or directory.  Stop.
    gmake: Leaving an unknown directory

For argument sake I tried leaving off java support but I then get a
similar error for perl.

I know that I am missing something, can anyone help me with what that
might be?

Thanks

E Wright

Re: postgresql install: jdbc: No such file or directory.

> when I run gmake I get the following error.

>     gmake: Entering an unknown directory
>     gmake: *** jdbc: No such file or directory.  Stop.
>     gmake: Leaving an unknown directory

> I know that I am missing something, can anyone help me with what that
> might be?

It looks like you don't have a complete file set.  Did you download the
whole Postgres distribution, or just one of the partial tarballs?
See eg
ftp://ftp3.us.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/README.dist-split

            regards, tom lane

Re: postgresql install: jdbc: No such file or directory.

От
Eric Wright
Дата:
That was it! Thanks for the help Tom.