Обсуждение: PostgreSQL Docs for Paper (benchmark and contrib)

PostgreSQL Docs for Paper (benchmark and contrib)

От
"Troy Campano"

Hello,

I’m writing a paper on PostgreSQL.

I’m looking for:

1)       benchmark comparisons of PostgreSQL against other databases

2)       Detailed descriptions (or project web sites) of all the ‘contrib’ projects (like dbsize, tsearch, xml, etc).

Thank you!

~ Troy Campano ~

Re: PostgreSQL Docs for Paper (benchmark and contrib)

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Troy Campano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a paper on PostgreSQL.
>

> I'm looking for:
>
> 1)       benchmark comparisons of PostgreSQL against other databases

You might want to start here: http://osdb.sourceforge.net/
Or if you go here, http://pgfoundry.org/ on the right-hand side is a
project to start doing the TPC-W tests.

Most (all?) commercial databases won't let you publish benchmarks, and
the only freely available results tend to be on expensive hardware
heavily tuned.

> 2)       Detailed descriptions (or project web sites) of all the 'contrib'
> projects (like dbsize, tsearch, xml, etc).

New project home for PG-related stuff is at pgfoundry (above) - you
might also be interested in:

PgAdmin
   http://www.pgadmin.org/
PgPool
   ftp://ftp.sra.co.jp/pub/cmd/postgres/pgpool/pgpool-2.0.tar.gz
Slony
   http://www.slony.org

All the contrib stuff have README files in the source distribution. That
should be enought to get you started :-)

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd