Обсуждение: who can run utility - pg_controldata ?

who can run utility - pg_controldata ?

От
Dennis Gearon
Дата:
My website that I'm hosted at (which pgsql of course), had a crash this
weekend and is still recovering, (real bummer).

Otherwise, I would just run it and see if I could.

So, list members, who can run 'pg_controldata', i.e. which users?

Re: who can run utility - pg_controldata ?

Дата:
Dennis Gearon <gearond@fireserve.net> writes:
> So, list members, who can run 'pg_controldata', i.e. which users?

The postgres user and root.  Nobody else should be able to read $PGDATA.

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

>Dennis Gearon <gearond@fireserve.net> writes:
>

>>So, list members, who can run 'pg_controldata', i.e. which users?
>>

>The postgres user and root.  Nobody else should be able to read $PGDATA.
>
>            regards, tom lane

Any other way to find out what the database cluster 'lc_collate' and
'lc_ctype' values are set to?

Re: who can run utility - pg_controldata ?

Дата:
Dennis Gearon <gearond@fireserve.net> writes:
> Any other way to find out what the database cluster 'lc_collate' and
> 'lc_ctype' values are set to?

In 7.4, just "show" 'em.  Before that, I don't think so (barring
conducting experiments to discover the sort order, etc).

            regards, tom lane

Re: who can run utility - pg_controldata ?

От
Dennis Gearon
Дата:
Thanks Tom.