Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...

PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
After several fixes were backpatches to the 7_4_STABLE branch, we have now
released a 7.4.3.  As the list of Changes since 7.4.2 is quite small, they
are included in this email:

       * Fix temporary memory leak when using non-hashed aggregates (Tom)
       * ECPG fixes, including some for Informix compatibility (Michael)
       * Fixes for compiling with thread-safety, particularly Solaris (Bruce)
       * Fix error in COPY IN termination when using the old network
         protocol (ljb)
       * Several important fixes in pg_autovacuum (Matthew T. O'Connor)
       * Fix problem with reading tar-format dumps on NetBSD and BSD/OS (Bruce)
       * Several JDBC fixes
       * Fix ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART where last_value equals the restart
         value (Tom)
       * Repair failure to recalculate nested sub-selects (Tom)
       * Fix problems with non-constant expressions in LIMIT/OFFSET
       * Support FULL JOIN with no join clause, such as X FULL JOIN Y ON
         TRUE (Tom)
       * Fix another zero-column table bug (Tom)
       * Improve handling of non-qualified identifiers in GROUP BY clauses
         in sub-selects (Tom)
       * Do not generate "NATURAL CROSS JOIN" when decompiling rules (Tom)
       * Add checks for invalid field length in binary COPY (Tom)
       * Avoid locking conflict between ANALYZE and LISTEN/NOTIFY
       * Numerous translation updates (various contributors)

As always, this release is available on all our mirrors, viable at:

      http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-www.html

And, thanks to David Fetter, is also available via BitTorrent at:

      http://bt.postgresql.org

----

Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...

От
Oliver Elphick
Дата:
On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 16:36, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> After several fixes were backpatches to the 7_4_STABLE branch, we have now
> released a 7.4.3.

A Debian package of this new release has been uploaded to the Debian
archive and should be available from Debian mirrors by tomorrow.

     "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with
      God through our Lord Jesus Christ."       Romans 5:1

Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...

От
Hunter Hillegas
Anyone else having trouble expanding the archives? I tried the tar.gz and
the tar.bz2, both gave errors on decompression.

> From: "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>
> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:36:47 -0300 (ADT)
> To: <pgsql-announce@postgresql.org>
> Cc: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
> Subject: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...
>
> After several fixes were backpatches to the 7_4_STABLE branch, we have now
> released a 7.4.3.  As the list of Changes since 7.4.2 is quite small, they
> are included in this email:

Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...

Дата:
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> A Debian package of this new release has been uploaded to the Debian
> archive and should be available from Debian mirrors by tomorrow.

I will push out a Fedora Core package within the next few days as well.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...

Дата:
Hunter Hillegas <lists@lastonepicked.com> writes:
> Anyone else having trouble expanding the archives? I tried the tar.gz and
> the tar.bz2, both gave errors on decompression.

I verified the tar.gz late last night.  Maybe you forgot to download in
binary mode?

            regards, tom lane

Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 14:44, Tom Lane wrote:
> Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> > A Debian package of this new release has been uploaded to the Debian
> > archive and should be available from Debian mirrors by tomorrow.
>
> I will push out a Fedora Core package within the next few days as well.

Do those get pushed out into the FC update system, to be picked
automatically by the update program?  Or is that only for security
updates?

Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...

Дата:
"Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe@qwest.net> writes:
> On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 14:44, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I will push out a Fedora Core package within the next few days as well.

> Do those get pushed out into the FC update system, to be picked
> automatically by the update program?  Or is that only for security
> updates?

AFAIK it'll get pushed out the same as any other FC update.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 21:54, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe@qwest.net> writes:
> > On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 14:44, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I will push out a Fedora Core package within the next few days as well.
>
> > Do those get pushed out into the FC update system, to be picked
> > automatically by the update program?  Or is that only for security
> > updates?
>
> AFAIK it'll get pushed out the same as any other FC update.

I notice we have yet to get a directory for 7.4.3 under /binary,
are you planning on putting them up on the ftp server as well?

Along those lines is anyone planning on doing a redhat 7.3 build ?

Robert Treat

Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available ...

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Friday 18 June 2004 09:21, Robert Treat wrote:
> I notice we have yet to get a directory for 7.4.3 under /binary,
> are you planning on putting them up on the ftp server as well?

> Along those lines is anyone planning on doing a redhat 7.3 build ?

I'm running behind on this cycle.  Been swamped at work.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology