Обсуждение: Connection reset by peer

Connection reset by peer

От
Joe Lester
Дата:
I'm seeing this message a couple times per day in my postgres log:

2004-04-20 14:47:46 LOG:  could not receive data from client:
Connection reset by peer

What does it mean? I've seen in the archives that it seems to be some
kind of system error. Does anyone know how serious this message is?
Does it mean that one of my clients is failing to connect or, worse,
losing data in transit?

I have about 200 clients and I'd like to reassure myself that nothing
is going drastically wrong. I have not had any complaints from users.

Joe

Re: Connection reset by peer

От
Doug McNaught
Дата:
Joe Lester <joe_lester@sweetwater.com> writes:

> I'm seeing this message a couple times per day in my postgres log:
>
> 2004-04-20 14:47:46 LOG:  could not receive data from client:
> Connection reset by peer
>
> What does it mean? I've seen in the archives that it seems to be some
> kind of system error. Does anyone know how serious this message is?
> Does it mean that one of my clients is failing to connect or, worse,
> losing data in transit?

It generally means a client is exiting, or getting killed, without
shutting down the PG connection properly.

-Doug

Re: Connection reset by peer

От
Joe Lester
Дата:
That makes sense since the "connection reset by peer" statement is
always followed immediately by

"unexpected EOF on client connection"

I should have noticed that before :-0

Thanks!