Обсуждение: Redundancy software for PostgreSQL

Redundancy software for PostgreSQL

От
Carlos

Hello Forum,

I would appreciate it if you could recommend software to build redundancy in my application (my application stores data in a PostgreSQL v7.3.x database running in Linux RedHat)  The software would replicate or copy the database from a main server into a second server.  And when the main server goes down, the redundant database could still be available in a view mode -- where most tables cannot be updated and only a couple of tables can be modified.  In this way, when the main server goes down, the users could still view data and when the main server goes back on-line, I can update a couple of tables of the main database with the data from the redundant database.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Re: Redundancy software for PostgreSQL

От
Pascal Polleunus
Carlos wrote:
> Hello Forum,
>
> I would appreciate it if you could recommend software to build
> redundancy in my application (my application stores data in a PostgreSQL
> v7.3.x database running in Linux RedHat)  The software would replicate
> or copy the database from a main server into a second server.  And when
> the main server goes down, the redundant database could still be
> available in a view mode -- where most tables cannot be updated and only
> a couple of tables can be modified.  In this way, when the main server
> goes down, the users could still view data and when the main server goes
> back on-line, I can update a couple of tables of the main database with
> the data from the redundant database.
>
> Thanks in advance for your response.

Hi,

Take a look at this:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgreplication/projdisplay.php

Pascal

PS: I don't use it so I can't tell you more, sorry.

Re: Redundancy software for PostgreSQL

От
Jan Wieck
Carlos wrote:

> Hello Forum,
>
> I would appreciate it if you could recommend software to build redundancy in
> my application (my application stores data in a PostgreSQL v7.3.x database
> running in Linux RedHat)  The software would replicate or copy the database
> from a main server into a second server.  And when the main server goes
> down, the redundant database could still be available in a view mode --
> where most tables cannot be updated and only a couple of tables can be
> modified.  In this way, when the main server goes down, the users could
> still view data and when the main server goes back on-line, I can update a
> couple of tables of the main database with the data from the redundant
> database.
>
> Thanks in advance for your response.

Why not doing a full failover?

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/projdisplay.php