Обсуждение: md5 calls

md5 calls

От
"Simon Windsor"

Hi

I am using the standard debian testing release of postgres(7.3.4) and was wondering how to produce and md5 string.

I had thought

Select md5(‘joe’);

Would be sufficient?

Any ideas, or is the best option to create a perl function to do this for me ?

Simon

Simon Windsor

Eml: simon.windsor@cornfield.org.uk

Tel: 01454 617689

Mob: 07960 321599

Re: md5 calls

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Simon Windsor wrote:

> Hi
>

> I am using the standard debian testing release of postgres(7.3.4) and was
> wondering how to produce and md5 string.
>

> I had thought
>

> Select md5('joe');
>

> Would be sufficient?

Doesn't that work?  It works for me in 7.4.  I don't run 7.3 on any
servers (they're all either older 7.2 boxes or 7.4).

Can you upgrade your postgresql installation to 7.4.1 (or wait a day or
two for 7.4.2 to come out.)

Re: md5 calls

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
scott.marlowe wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Simon Windsor wrote:
>>I am using the standard debian testing release of postgres(7.3.4) and was
>>wondering how to produce and md5 string.
>
> Doesn't that work?  It works for me in 7.4.  I don't run 7.3 on any
> servers (they're all either older 7.2 boxes or 7.4).

md5 was added as a built-in SQL function in 7.4, but it is available in
7.3 (and I think 7.2, possibly earlier) under contrib/pgcrypto.

HTH,

Joe