Обсуждение: Idle Connection force-close ?

Idle Connection force-close ?

От
John Gibson
Дата:
Hi, all.

We are running PostgreSQL 7.2.2  (7.4.1 in a few weeks).  We have a
pesky legacy application which periodically leaves open idle
connections.  (I know... fix the application).  In the short term, I
would like to find out if the database engine has a time-out
 configuration option for idle connections where it would force-close
the connections.

Is there such an option?

...john

Re: Idle Connection force-close ?

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:02:46AM -0800, John Gibson wrote:

> connections.  (I know... fix the application).  In the short term, I
> would like to find out if the database engine has a time-out
> configuration option for idle connections where it would force-close
> the connections.
>
> Is there such an option?

No.  If the connection is live and idle, it'll sit there forever.  If
the client is actually gone but the connection stays alive, then
tcp/ip will eventually shut it down.

Andrew Sullivan