Обсуждение: Connect to PostgreSQL with kylix3

Connect to PostgreSQL with kylix3

От
Carlos Ojea Castro
Hello:

In kylix3 I made a SQLConnection component (called 'SQLConnection1') to
connect to a PostgreSQL database. I started the PostgreSQL server so
Object inspector shows 'Connected: True' on that object.

Then I made a SQLDataSet component (called 'SQLDataset1').
On 'SQLDataset1' I set SQLConnection to 'SQLConnection1', CommandType to
'ctQuery' and CommandText to 'SELECT * FROM pc104' (pc104 is a valid
table name).
But now, when I try to make 'SQLDataset1' Active to 'True', I get this
error message:
Access violation at address 43A92782, accessing address 43B09774

¿Any idea?

Thank you.
Regards,
Carlos

Re: Connect to PostgreSQL with kylix3

От
Carlos Ojea Castro

>>In kylix3 I made a SQLConnection component (called 'SQLConnection1') to
>>connect to a PostgreSQL database. I started the PostgreSQL server so
>>Object inspector shows 'Connected: True' on that object.
>>
>>Then I made a SQLDataSet component (called 'SQLDataset1').
>>On 'SQLDataset1' I set SQLConnection to 'SQLConnection1', CommandType to
>>'ctQuery' and CommandText to 'SELECT * FROM pc104' (pc104 is a valid
>>table name).
>>But now, when I try to make 'SQLDataset1' Active to 'True', I get this
>>error message:
>>Access violation at address 43A92782, accessing address 43B09774
>>

>What version of postgres?  If 7.4, then you need to use an older libpq
>with kylix.

YES, my postgres version is 7.4.1.
What version of libpq I need to use? (And how could I make de change?)
Thank you

Re: Connect to PostgreSQL with kylix3

От
Carlos Ojea Castro

>>>What version of postgres?  If 7.4, then you need to use an older libpq
>>>with kylix.
>>>

>>YES, my postgres version is 7.4.1.
>>What version of libpq I need to use? (And how could I make de change?)
>>Thank you
>>

>in /usr/local/pgsql/lib, change the libpq.so symbolic link to point to
>libpq.so.2.2
>
>klint.

Thank you, klint.
I made that, but now my SQLConnection component does not connect. When I
try to

make 'SQLConnection1' Active to 'True' I get this message:
dbExpress Error: Invalid Username/Password

Maybe I need another libpq?

Thanks,
Carlos

Re: Connect to PostgreSQL with kylix3

От
Carlos Ojea Castro

>>make 'SQLConnection1' Active to 'True' I get this message:
>>dbExpress Error: Invalid Username/Password
>>
>>Maybe I need another libpq?
>>

>In SQLConnection1.params, do you have
>
>   User_name=xxxx
>   Password=yyyy
>
>where xxxx is a valid postgres username
>and yyyy is the correct password for that user?
>
>klint.

Yes, there is a valid username and password and I still get the same
error when trying to make SQLConnection component active.
Before I made the change of libpq.so link, the SQLConnection component
was 'Active true' regardless of the values written in 'user_name' and
'password'.

What do you think?

Thank you very much for your help,
Carlos

Re: Connect to PostgreSQL with kylix3

От
Carlos Ojea Castro
Дата:
Finally, I get SQLConnection and SQLDataset both 'Active' !
In /usr/local/pgsql/lib, I changed the libpq.so symbolic link to point
to libpq.so.2.2
Also I made this simbolic link:
ln -s /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432

Connect to a PostgreSQL table with kylix3

От
Carlos Ojea Castro
Hello:

I made a program to connect to three tables called 'pc104', 'sensores'
and 'pm500' on a postgresql database.
Everything was fine until I made some changes on table 'pc104' (drop
table, create the table again, added new values, etc)
Now when I make a SQLQuery object, if I make a query on table 'pc104' or
on table 'sensores', I get this error when I try to get the SQLQuery
object active:

Access violation at address 43A92782, accessing address 43B09774

Anyone knows why?

Thank you,
Carlos

Re: Connect to a PostgreSQL table with kylix3

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Carlos Ojea Castro wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I made a program to connect to three tables called 'pc104', 'sensores'
> and 'pm500' on a postgresql database.
> Everything was fine until I made some changes on table 'pc104' (drop
> table, create the table again, added new values, etc)
> Now when I make a SQLQuery object, if I make a query on table 'pc104' or
> on table 'sensores', I get this error when I try to get the SQLQuery
> object active:
>
> Access violation at address 43A92782, accessing address 43B09774

This looks more like a kylix error than a postgresql one. Could the
kylix database interface still be trying to access the old version of
the table? Is there some way to refresh/recreate the "link" to pc104?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd