Обсуждение: Oracle SQLNet on same server as Postgres

Oracle SQLNet on same server as Postgres

От
"Mark Cubitt"
Дата:
is there a problem with running sqlnet on the same server as postgres?

thanks in advance

Regards

Mark Cubitt

Re: Oracle SQLNet on same server as Postgres

От
Chris
Дата:
> is there a problem with running sqlnet on the same server as postgres?

no problem

sqlnet listens to port 1521 (i think - too lazy to look it up) and
postgresql listens to port 5432 by default

bye, chris

Re: Oracle SQLNet on same server as Postgres

От
Csaba Nagy
Дата:
One of our test boxes runs a full installation of: Oracle, Postgres,
MySql. Other than swapping if they are all used at the same time (and
the resulting slowdown), it works fine.
Actually what is SQLNet ? Whatever it might be, I suppose it can't be
bigger than a full Oracle DB install...

Cheers,
Csaba.

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 17:25, Mark Cubitt wrote:
> is there a problem with running sqlnet on the same server as postgres?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Regards
>
> Mark Cubitt

Re: Oracle SQLNet on same server as Postgres

От
Andrew Rawnsley
Дата:
None that I've ever seen. Just different services on different ports.

On Feb 9, 2004, at 11:25 AM, Mark Cubitt wrote:

> is there a problem with running sqlnet on the same server as postgres?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Regards
>
> Mark Cubitt
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------

--------------------

Andrew Rawnsley
President
The Ravensfield Digital Resource Group, Ltd.
(740) 587-0114
www.ravensfield.com

Re: Oracle SQLNet on same server as Postgres

От
Troy Campano
Дата:
Shouldn't be a problem at all.
I'm doing it.
The Oracle TNS Listener runs on port 1521 unless you've changed it.
There are some other processes that run on other ports, but may need to
be turned on to use them.
None of them use port 5432.

thanks!

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 11:25, Mark Cubitt wrote:
> is there a problem with running sqlnet on the same server as postgres?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Regards
>
> Mark Cubitt

Re: Oracle SQLNet on same server as Postgres

От
"Campano, Troy"
Дата:
Sql*Net is Oracle's network layer for their database.
In version 8 it was called Net8 and in version 9 it's now called "Oracle
Net".

Thanks!
Troy Campano
Liberty Mutual
Infrastructure Software Engineering
Database Management

broadcast)---------------------------

Re: Oracle SQLNet on same server as Postgres

От
Christopher Browne
Дата:
After takin a swig o' Arrakan spice grog, mark.cubitt@applegate.co.uk ("Mark Cubitt") belched out:
> is there a problem with running sqlnet on the same server as postgres?

Only if having too much running leads to starvation of resources...
--
output = ("aa454" "@" "freenet.carleton.ca")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linux.html

Shaun Kelly
Дата:
On Monday 09 February 2004 19:27, you wrote:
> One of our test boxes runs a full installation of: Oracle, Postgres,
> MySql. Other than swapping if they are all used at the same time (and
> the resulting slowdown), it works fine.
> Actually what is SQLNet ? Whatever it might be, I suppose it can't be
> bigger than a full Oracle DB install...
>
> Cheers,
> Csaba.
>
> On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 17:25, Mark Cubitt wrote:
> > is there a problem with running sqlnet on the same server as postgres?
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Mark Cubitt

> >                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html