Обсуждение: Errors after power failure

Errors after power failure

От
Дата:
After a powerfailure of 10hours I have got my database server back up and
the phpBB2 that a site uses is not working. Here is the error.

Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not
connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host
database.lhasi.org and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? in
/var/www/html/dealingwithcrohns/phpBB2/db/postgres7.php on line 79
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

The machine is a RH9 box with the latest postgres running from redhat update.

I have webmin on the machine which shows the databases there but i keep
getting this error

The machine didn't come up with any errors or bad blocks with the auto fsck
so i am confused.

Can anyone help?

-Dan
I am patient...its the other guys you gotta blame ;)

Re: Errors after power failure

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Sounds like you just need to delete /usr/local/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid
or /var/lib/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid and exectute service postgresql start.

danfisher@bwkip.com wrote:

>After a powerfailure of 10hours I have got my database server back up and
>the phpBB2 that a site uses is not working. Here is the error.
>
>Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not
>connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host
>database.lhasi.org and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? in
>/var/www/html/dealingwithcrohns/phpBB2/db/postgres7.php on line 79
>phpBB : Critical Error
>
>Could not connect to the database
>

>The machine is a RH9 box with the latest postgres running from redhat update.
>
>I have webmin on the machine which shows the databases there but i keep
>getting this error
>

>The machine didn't come up with any errors or bad blocks with the auto fsck
>so i am confused.
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>-Dan
>I am patient...its the other guys you gotta blame ;)

Re: Errors after power failure

От
Дата:
I have deleted the pid and restarted the postgresql and it is starting
fine. It just appears to not be accepting connections.  I had to rebuild
the server the last time this happened.  Starting to be a pain.

Anyone have ideas?

-Dan

> Sounds like you just need to delete /usr/local/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid
>  or /var/lib/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid and exectute service postgresql
> start.

> danfisher@bwkip.com wrote:
>
>>After a powerfailure of 10hours I have got my database server back up
>> and the phpBB2 that a site uses is not working. Here is the error.
>>
>>Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not
>> connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host
>> database.lhasi.org and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? in
>> /var/www/html/dealingwithcrohns/phpBB2/db/postgres7.php on line 79
>> phpBB : Critical Error
>>
>>Could not connect to the database
>>

>>The machine is a RH9 box with the latest postgres running from redhat
>> update.
>>
>>I have webmin on the machine which shows the databases there but i keep
>> getting this error
>>

>>The machine didn't come up with any errors or bad blocks with the auto
>> fsck so i am confused.
>>
>>Can anyone help?
>>
>>-Dan
>>I am patient...its the other guys you gotta blame ;)
>>

>>---------------------------(end of
>> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists
>> at once with the unregister command
>>    (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to
>> majordomo@postgresql.org)
>>

> --
> Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC and S/JDBC
> Postgresql support, programming shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
> +1-503-667-4564 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
> Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator. Integrated Replication for PostgreSQL

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Errors after power failure

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
Look through the postgresql log. It will tell you what's going wrong.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 05:49:57PM -0500, danfisher@bwkip.com wrote:
> I have deleted the pid and restarted the postgresql and it is starting
> fine. It just appears to not be accepting connections.  I had to rebuild
> the server the last time this happened.  Starting to be a pain.
>
> Anyone have ideas?
>
> -Dan
>

> > Sounds like you just need to delete /usr/local/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid
> >  or /var/lib/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid and exectute service postgresql
> > start.

> > danfisher@bwkip.com wrote:
> >
> >>After a powerfailure of 10hours I have got my database server back up
> >> and the phpBB2 that a site uses is not working. Here is the error.
> >>
> >>Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not
> >> connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host
> >> database.lhasi.org and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? in
> >> /var/www/html/dealingwithcrohns/phpBB2/db/postgres7.php on line 79
> >> phpBB : Critical Error
> >>
> >>Could not connect to the database
> >>

> >>The machine is a RH9 box with the latest postgres running from redhat
> >> update.
> >>
> >>I have webmin on the machine which shows the databases there but i keep
> >> getting this error
> >>

> >>The machine didn't come up with any errors or bad blocks with the auto
> >> fsck so i am confused.
> >>
> >>Can anyone help?
> >>
> >>-Dan
> >>I am patient...its the other guys you gotta blame ;)
> >>

> >>---------------------------(end of
> >> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists
> >> at once with the unregister command
> >>    (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to
> >> majordomo@postgresql.org)
> >>

> > --
> > Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC and S/JDBC
> > Postgresql support, programming shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
> > +1-503-667-4564 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
> > Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator. Integrated Replication for PostgreSQL

> (... have gone from d-i being barely usable even by its developers
> anywhere, to being about 20% done. Sweet. And the last 80% usually takes
> 20% of the time, too, right?) -- Anthony Towns, debian-devel-announce

Вложения

Re: Errors after power failure

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 danfisher@bwkip.com wrote:

> I have deleted the pid and restarted the postgresql and it is starting
> fine. It just appears to not be accepting connections.  I had to rebuild
> the server the last time this happened.  Starting to be a pain.

Firewalling maybe?  Check which ports are open with nmap.

Re: Errors after power failure

От
Дата:
Heres what is get with nmap localhost

pgsql-general@postgresql.org

[root@database root]# nmap localhost

Starting nmap V. 3.00 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on database (127.0.0.1):
(The 1590 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
21/tcp     open        ftp
22/tcp     open        ssh
25/tcp     open        smtp
80/tcp     open        http
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
443/tcp    open        https
783/tcp    open        hp-alarm-mgr
1024/tcp   open        kdm
1025/tcp   open        NFS-or-IIS
6000/tcp   open        X11
10000/tcp  open        snet-sensor-mgmt

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2 seconds
[root@database root]#

And I doublechecked to make sure postmaster was running

Here is what is in the log file

LOG:  database system was shut down at 2004-01-15 11:22:01 EST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/AF6940
LOG:  redo record is at 0/AF6940; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 2676; next oid: 25169
LOG:  database system is ready

-Dan

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 danfisher@bwkip.com wrote:
>
>> I have deleted the pid and restarted the postgresql and it is starting
>> fine. It just appears to not be accepting connections.  I had to
>> rebuild the server the last time this happened.  Starting to be a
>> pain.
>
> Firewalling maybe?  Check which ports are open with nmap.

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Errors after power failure

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
I would suspect the manner in which it was started.  Does your postresql.conf
file have tcpip_socket=true?. If it is set to false and the script that
starts Postgres does not use the '-o -i' switch then the database will not
accept tcpip connections. Have you tried psql on the database host to see if
it can accept local connections via a unix socket?

aklaver@comcast.net

Re: Errors after power failure

От
"Daniel E. Fisher"
Дата:
If I could kiss you I would.

Everything is working now.

Apparently an old script I had was switched and you were right...the old
script was
not starting tcp connections....so...I enabled it in the postgresql.conf and
it is ok

Thank You

-Dan

Thanks for everyones help!!